Hi! I’m Christie.
Cultivating authentic faith in the home is the most important thing we could ever do as parents. But it’s also the hardest thing we ever do, because we can’t force our kids to have a relationship with God.
My husband and I are in the thick of parenting our three boys. (People tell me I must be busy, I’m not sure why…) I also work as the Director of Children’s Ministries at my home church in central Alberta, and have been there since 2006.
In 2012 I began work on my first book (not knowing it was a book), as I wrote weekly Bible-based devotions for the families in my church. In 2015 the devotions were released as “Wise for Salvation: Meaningful Devotions for Families with Little Ones“. It is my great joy that this devotional has brought hundreds of families and children closer to God. Read more here.
I am currently working on a series of children’s books about my little owl family, as well as a youth/young adult novel.
Subscribe to follow along as I blog about what it means to cultivate authentic faith in the home, and receive 3 soul-stirring stories that you can read aloud with your kids (and a 50% off coupon for my store) as a free gift for subscribing.
When I was younger I aspired to be a paediatrician in the further reaches of the globe, but after being introduced to children’s ministry, I realized that the spiritual health of children was something that I valued far more than their physical health.
I read many dozens of books and attended many children’s ministry conferences, trying to figure out the secret to making faith stick beyond childhood.
The closest I have come to an answer is that a child’s faith is nurtured and cultivated in the home. Church, Christian schools, and Christian clubs all play a part, but if parents aren’t being transformed by the love of Christ, a child’s faith is unlikely to stick.
To this end, much of my blogging is devoted to encouraging and exhorting parents to deeper faith. I also find and develop resources to help us encourage and exhort our children to deeper faith. To subscribe (and receive my newest resource for free), click here.
Some helpful posts to get you started:
Some popular thought-provoking posts:
If you’ve read this far, you’re either really cool or you’re my mom (who is also really cool). So here’s some other stuff you might be interested to know.
– My friends describe me as kind, thoughtful, and warm. My coworkers on the other hand have alternately called my style fierce, warrior-like, and “shoot from the hip”. I find that funny.
– I love to read and write fiction. In fact, if you’d like to take a look at some of my own short stories, please check them out here.
– A few years back I turned my tiny suburban front yard into a food-producing perennial garden. We have grown apricots, strawberries, haskaps, apples, and cherries all in that tiny space!
– If you and I spent the day together, and I got to pick our schedule, here’s what we would do:
1) Go shopping at Value Village.
2) Go to a Zumba class at the gym.
3) Eat East Indian food or monstrous burgers piled with mushrooms.
If you’d like to contact me (so we can have our awesome day together), check out my various social media profiles at the top of the page, or send me an email (email@example.com).